How COVID-19 changed online tutoring

The concept of teaching and learning in modern classrooms has changed in recent years. There have been drastic transformations in teaching methods, technology advancements, subject choices and assessment standards across the globe. One thing is for sure though, helping students with their learning by providing one-on-one support and tailored guidance will help them to achieve both their short and long-term goals and targets.

This year, COVID-19 has put things into perspective for many different industries, including the tutoring and education sector. Our team at Airlearners saw the gap in virtual and online learning and took it as an opportunity to start our own online tutoring company, which uses high-quality software to provide an all-in-one experience for both our students and tutors.

In this article, we will outline the three ways in which COVID-19 has changed the online tutoring space. So if you are a parent thinking of getting tuition for your child but still have a few doubts, we hope this article makes your decision a little easier.

1. No geographical boundaries

We’re starting off this list with the best thing about online tutoring – the fact that all geographical boundaries are eliminated. This essentially means that students anywhere are able to keep up with their school curriculum from outside the classroom, at a time that suits them and their tutors. Online tutoring also allows children to meet the best-suited tutor for them as there are a number of tutors who are looking to start giving private lessons. The only thing you will need to prepare beforehand is a laptop device and a stable Internet connection. Having tuition sessions online also eliminates any traveling cost and time.

2. Online content can be continuously consumed

The next way COVID-19 has changed the game for tutoring besides the fact that it reduces the carbon footprint, is that online tutoring allows for content to be uploaded and continuously consumed. One large benefit for students is that they can re-visit previous lessons and use them for revision before a particular test or exam without having to re-book another lesson on the same topic. In this way, parents can be assured that the money they are spending is being put to good use.

3. 80/20 rule has changed

Ever heard the 80/20 rule? Well, you may be surprised to know that 80% of tutoring is currently being done online, leaving only 20% face-to-face. These numbers suggest that it is the best time to jump on and be part of the ever-growing virtual learning experience. Online learning has become the new normal and we don’t see this changing any time soon.

There is no better time for your child to get a head start for 2021 examinations, so join our community at Airlearners today. Sign up now and get matched with the most ideal tutor to suit your needs. The future is online.